INTERNATIONAL CONTEST / REGULATIONS
1. The Government of Chaco Province together with Urunday Foundation, in their capacity as Organizing Committee, will carry out the “International Sculpture Biennial” in the city of Resistencia, Chaco, Argentine Republic, from July 21 until July 28 of 2012.
2. The 12 (twelve) artists selected must provide evidence of any awards granted in previous Sculpture Contests, exhibitions, events, etc., whether regional, national or international.
3. Sculptors should arrive in Resistencia by July 20 of 2012.
4. Awards will be the following:
• First Award US$ 7,000.00 (Seven thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Second Award US$ 5,000.00 (Five thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Third Award US$ 3,000.00 (Three thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Award of the Public US$ 1,000.00 (One thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Sculptors' Award US$ 1,000.00 (One thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Children's Award US$ 1,000.00 (One thousand Dollars) and plaque.
5. Those Artists residing in South and Central America will receive U$S 2,000.00 (Two thousand Dollars), a medal and a certificate; those artists residing in North America, Europe and Africa: U$S 2,500.00 (Two thousand and five hundred Dollars), medal and certificate, and artists residing in Asia and Oceania: U$S 3,500.00 (Three thousand and five hundred Dollars), medal and certificate.
6. The participating sculptures will be exhibited during a term of 60 (sixty) days, after which will be sited in the city as Cultural Heritage of Resistencia / Chaco – the city of sculptures.
7. The Jury will be integrated by 3 (three) members appointed by the Organizing Committee. Jurors will visit the place assigned to each Artist at any time, as they may deem convenient.
8. The Jury will issue a Minutes of Decisions and under no circumstances will Jurors be allowed to abstain from voting. Jurors' award will be unappealable.
9. Art works should comply with the following conditions: For the 12 (twelve) selected artists:
a) Theme: The Prophecy
b) The sculpture to be exhibited should be original and unprecedented.
c) Sculptures will be sculpted on a block of Travertine marble of 160 cm. x 60 cm. x 60 cm.
d) Artists will be provided with 220 v electric power in order to use electrical tools and compressed air for pneumatic tools (which must be provided by Sculptor).
e) Artists will be provided with 2 (two) pneumatic hammers of up to 50 mm, which will be available 1 hour per day for each Sculptor.
f) Sculptors should bring their own tools, including grinding machine.
10. Interested Sculptors must enroll only through our Website www.bienaldelchaco.com until November 30 of 2011.
11. Sculptors will work outdoors, notwithstanding the weather conditions. The working hours will be subject to the Contest Schedule and once finished, participants will not be allowed to continue working.
12. In case of finishing before schedule, it is compulsory for Participants to stay within the site until the last day of the Contest and attend the Ceremony of Awards.
13. Participants will be obliged to attend all the events held by the Organizers.
14. The stay expenses of the participating Sculptors and guests will be on account of the Organizing Committee (accommodation in double room, breakfast, lunch and dinner) from 3.00 p.m. of the day previous to the Contest, until 10 a.m. of Monday 30 of July, with the exception of additional expenses such as telephone charges, beverages, etc. The Organizing Committee will also pay the transport expenses from Buenos Aires – Resistencia – Buenos Aires in a Bed Bus, including dinner on board (duration of the trip: 12 hours approximately).
15. Each Participant should have medical assistance insurance. Otherwise, in case of any health problem, the medical charges will be on Sculptor's exclusive account.
16. The Organizing Committee reserves the right on video recording and photographs taken during the Contest. Advertising in the working places will be timely agreed upon by the Organizing Committee.
17. In case of non-compliance of any item of these regulations, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to accept or reject the participation of the defaulting Artist.
18. Any event or circumstance not provided for in these regulations will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
1- The city hall of Restinga Sêca, state of the Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil; and, the CILAM – Latin American Integration Center, with headquarters in the city of Santa Maria, state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, creators of 1st International Competition of Sculptures of Restinga Sêca, fix the period of July 31th, 2012 to August 6th, 2012, as the date of this event.
2 - Will be selected 12 (twelve) sculptors. For this selection, will be taken into account the participation of these in: state contests, national contests, international contests or similar contests of sculptures.
3 - The presence of the sculptors in the city of Restinga Sêca is indispensable on July 30th, 2012.
4 - The competition will be awarded 05 (five) categories:
- 1st place – U$ 7.000,00 (Seven thousand dollars) and participation medal.
- 2nd Place – U$ 5.000,00 (Five thousand dollars) and participation medal.
- 3rd Place – U$ 3.000,00 (Three thousand dollars) and participation medal.
- Popular Choice Award – U$ 1.000,00 (One thousand dollars) and participation medal.
- Children’s Choice Award – U$ 500,00 (Five hundred dollars) and participation medal.
5 - The participating artists, living in Brazil, will be received help offset of R$ 1.000,00 (one thousand real), each one. The participating artists of others countries, will be received help offset on the following values:
- South America U$ 1.000,00 (One thousand dollars);
- Central America U$ 1.200,00 (Twelve hundred dollars);
- North America U$ 1.500,00 (Fifteen hundred dollars);
- Europe U$ 2.000,00 (Two thousand dollars);
- Asia and Africa U$ 3.000,00 (Three thousand dollars).
6 - All construction works will be exhibited during 60 (sixty) days, at a location for the visiting public. After, the sculptures will be distributed in the highlights in the city, being its cultural heritage.
7 - The jury will be composed by 03 (three) members, chose by the Organizing Committee of the event. The jury will be realized an analysis based on a visit to the workplace of each artist, during the days of the event. The moment of visit the works will be screened to the jury.
8 - The text drafted by the jury, justify their decisions. No judge may abstain from voting and the trial will be final and unappealable. There won’t be how the participants enter with resource as the decision by the judges in their choices.
Sole paragraph – The cache of the judge will be of U$ 1.000,00 (one thousand dollars) for each one, besides helping to offset, as described in Article 5th of this regulation, plus room and board.
9 - The work done by 12 (twelve) participating artists should meet the following conditions:
I – Theme: IMMIGRANTS;
II – Must be an original and unpublished work;
III – Must be held in a block of soapstone of 1,60m x 0,60m x 0,60m.
IV – Is at the discretion of the artist competing with a work figurative or no figurative.
10 - Will be made available a socket with voltage equal to 220 volts for power tools, and compressed air for pneumatic tools. It is the sole responsibility of the sculptor, bring all the tools that going to use.
11 - The sculptor should send the registration form and a design of the 04 (four) sides of the project of his work, with the grassroots perspectives UNTIL THE DEADLINE of December 30th, 2011. The designs will be used in the catalog of the event.
12 - As the works will be exhibited in public places in the city, the artist must, when designing the work, to be attentive to security issues, because the work will be in contact with the public.
13 - The sculptor can also design outdoor and will do their work on the influence of any climate condition. The routine production will follow the schedule determined by the competition, since the time ended; the sculptors should, OBLIGATORILY, close down.
14 - If the sculptor to complete his work after the end provided by the competition, he should remain in place contest until the last day, attending of the awards and closing ceremony.
15 - The cost of lodging (double flat) and meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) of sculptors, judges and guest artists will be by responsibility of the Organizing Committee. Extra costs with telephone, drink, internet, and others, will be the responsibility of each participant.
16 - Each participant must have a medical insurance. Otherwise, if to need this service, the expenses will be, EXCLUSIVELY, on behalf of each participant.
17 - The event’s Organizing Committee reserve all rights in any videotape, photographs and other that may be during the contest. Advertising at the site of action of each sculptor will be UNIQUELY defined and authorized by the Organizing Committee.
18 - In case of breach of anyone of these items of the Regulation, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to admit or not the participant.
19 - Any event or circumstance not provided for in this Regulation, be resolved by the Organizing Committee.