RULES OF BIENNIAL OF SCULPTURES 2012 - CHACO. ARGENTINA
1. The Government of Chaco Province together with Urunday Foundation, in their capacity as Organizing Committee, will carry out the “International Sculpture Biennial” in the city of Resistencia, Chaco, Argentine Republic, from July 21 until July 28 of 2012.
2. The 12 (twelve) artists selected must provide evidence of any awards granted in previous Sculpture Contests, exhibitions, events, etc., whether regional, national or international.
3. Sculptors should arrive in Resistencia by July 20 of 2012.
4. Awards will be the following:
• First Award US$ 7,000.00 (Seven thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Second Award US$ 5,000.00 (Five thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Third Award US$ 3,000.00 (Three thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Award of the Public US$ 1,000.00 (One thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Sculptors' Award US$ 1,000.00 (One thousand Dollars) and plaque.
• Children's Award US$ 1,000.00 (One thousand Dollars) and plaque.
5. Those Artists residing in South and Central America will receive U$S 2,000.00 (Two thousand Dollars), a medal and a certificate; those artists residing in North America, Europe and Africa: U$S 2,500.00 (Two thousand and five hundred Dollars), medal and certificate, and artists residing in Asia and Oceania: U$S 3,500.00 (Three thousand and five hundred Dollars), medal and certificate.
6. The participating sculptures will be exhibited during a term of 60 (sixty) days, after which will be sited in the city as Cultural Heritage of Resistencia / Chaco – the city of sculptures.
7. The Jury will be integrated by 3 (three) members appointed by the Organizing Committee. Jurors will visit the place assigned to each Artist at any time, as they may deem convenient.
8. The Jury will issue a Minutes of Decisions and under no circumstances will Jurors be allowed to abstain from voting. Jurors' award will be unappealable.
9. Art works should comply with the following conditions: For the 12 (twelve) selected artists:
a) Theme: The Prophecy
b) The sculpture to be exhibited should be original and unprecedented.
c) Sculptures will be sculpted on a block of Travertine marble of 160 cm. x 60 cm. x 60 cm.
d) Artists will be provided with 220 v electric power in order to use electrical tools and compressed air for pneumatic tools (which must be provided by Sculptor).
e) Artists will be provided with 2 (two) pneumatic hammers of up to 50 mm, which will be available 1 hour per day for each Sculptor.
f) Sculptors should bring their own tools, including grinding machine.
10. Interested Sculptors must enroll only through our Website www.bienaldelchaco.com until November 30 of 2011.
11. Sculptors will work outdoors, notwithstanding the weather conditions. The working hours will be subject to the Contest Schedule and once finished, participants will not be allowed to continue working.
12. In case of finishing before schedule, it is compulsory for Participants to stay within the site until the last day of the Contest and attend the Ceremony of Awards.
13. Participants will be obliged to attend all the events held by the Organizers.
14. The stay expenses of the participating Sculptors and guests will be on account of the Organizing Committee (accommodation in double room, breakfast, lunch and dinner) from 3.00 p.m. of the day previous to the Contest, until 10 a.m. of Monday 30 of July, with the exception of additional expenses such as telephone charges, beverages, etc. The Organizing Committee will also pay the transport expenses from Buenos Aires – Resistencia – Buenos Aires in a Bed Bus, including dinner on board (duration of the trip: 12 hours approximately).
15. Each Participant should have medical assistance insurance. Otherwise, in case of any health problem, the medical charges will be on Sculptor's exclusive account.
16. The Organizing Committee reserves the right on video recording and photographs taken during the Contest. Advertising in the working places will be timely agreed upon by the Organizing Committee.
17. In case of non-compliance of any item of these regulations, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to accept or reject the participation of the defaulting Artist.
18. Any event or circumstance not provided for in these regulations will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.